Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change keyboard layout

Hi! Please, help:

1) Why I can not change layout of my keyboard (iOS7)? Even if I change it in Settings (let's say remove "English (US)" and change it for "German" I still have only English (US) keyboard to type messages. Even if I change layout for AZERTY or add AZERTY layout in addition to QWERTY I still do not have these layouts when type messages (Only QWERTY English (US))...

2) How can I change layout to have comma "," on the screen with "letters" (it is too bothering to change layouts each type to type comma)...

Thank you in advance!

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Feb 14, 2016 12:27 AM

2 replies

Feb 15, 2016 8:14 AM in response to Volod85

If you have multiple keyboards installed, you should see a Globe icon towards the bottom left of your keyboard to rotate between the different keyboards. I tested mine and have English (US) QWERTY, English (US) AZERTY, and Japanese. I click the globe icon and the keyboards rotate. However, I am using iOS 9 and a newer device than an iPhone 4s using iOS 7. The only thing I can suggest is try restarting your device by holding down the home and lock button until you see the Apple logo (about 10 seconds).

As far as not being able to change the layout, that is simply something Apple doesn't allow.

How to change keyboard layout

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.