Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 5S screen randomly stops responding.

Basically my problem is that the entire screen will randomly either stop working, or occasionally I get an issue where the inputs are revered; i.e I swipe down and it's as if I swiped up. If I lock and then unlock the screen the issue is fixed for anywhere between 5 and 30 seconds and then it will just stop responding again, I've tried to both restart and restore the phone and neither has had any positive effects on the issue. I haven't dropped the phone or noticed anything else that could have damaged or caused such an issue, maybe exposure to heat as it's quite hot here in my town right now, but apart from that I'm completely dumbstruck as to what's happened and if it's possible to fix myself.

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 14, 2016 12:14 AM

1 reply

Feb 15, 2016 8:54 AM in response to Thursto97

Hi, Thursto97.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like you are experiencing an issue with your touch scree or your iPhone becomes unresponsive. Here are the troubleshooting resources that I would recommend going through for either of these issues.

Screen

Get help with the screen on your device if it has any of these issues:

• The screen is too dim, too bright, or you see only faint images
  • You see a solid color screen (black, white or blue)
  • You see lines, missing sections, discoloration, or poor image quality

Get help with other screen issues:

Other issues

Get help with your iPhone if it has any of these issues:

• Won't turn on
  • Appears frozen
  • Doesn't start past the Apple logo
  • Won't slide to unlock or slide to power off

Issue not solved

If you still have an issue with your device, contact Apple Support.

Get help with hardware features on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Cheers

Iphone 5S screen randomly stops responding.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.