Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My phone number won't work for iMessage

Okay so here's the thing, about a month ago, I updated my iPhone 5c to the latest iOS (well as of this time, it's the iOS 9.2.1). We all know how iMessage and FaceTime automatically turn off after the phone restarts after the update finished installing. The problem is, my phone number does not activate for iMessage. Only my e-mail does. My number does not even show up on the "Send & receive" section on the Messages settings which freaks me out.

iPhone 5c, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 14, 2016 12:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2016 12:12 AM

Go to Settings > Messages. Read the message right below the iMessage On/Off Switch. If it says "iMessages can be sent...", then turn that iMessage switch off, then back on. You should see "Waiting for activation..." If there is an error, it will show it there. If not, it will go back to saying "iMessages can be sent..." Check the Send & Receive section to see if your phone number is now showing. Do these same steps in Settings > FaceTime utilizing the FaceTime On/Off switch.

If you do get an error activating, check this out: If you get an error when trying to activate iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 14, 2016 12:12 AM in response to meggynic

Go to Settings > Messages. Read the message right below the iMessage On/Off Switch. If it says "iMessages can be sent...", then turn that iMessage switch off, then back on. You should see "Waiting for activation..." If there is an error, it will show it there. If not, it will go back to saying "iMessages can be sent..." Check the Send & Receive section to see if your phone number is now showing. Do these same steps in Settings > FaceTime utilizing the FaceTime On/Off switch.

If you do get an error activating, check this out: If you get an error when trying to activate iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

My phone number won't work for iMessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.