Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't transfer Itunes Library to new computer

Hello,

I followed the steps of this guide to transfer my iTunes library to a new computer (Manage and back up your iTunes media library - Apple Support)

I have no idea why but iTunes didn't save my recent library (the .itl file) from my old computer, the closest I could find in the folder was from late 2015. I still have all the music from my old computer, but because of the different .itl file a lot of music is missing from my iTunes library as well as playlists not complete/missing. iTunes also can't find any of the songs in the library. I did store my music in a separate folder to iTunes on my old computer, when I click get info on the songs it is using this old file path. I also wiped the hard drive of my old computer to use it in the new one so there is no way of retrieving my up to date library from there. I am not sure what to do, any help would be appreciated.

Windows 10

Posted on Feb 14, 2016 2:13 AM

1 reply

Can't transfer Itunes Library to new computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.