Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Delete or merging iCloud accounts

I activated an iCloud account with my gmail address years ago and wanted to change my e-mail address to an me.com/icloud.com one. The advice back then was to set up a new account. No I have both, but all my purchases of music, movies, tv shows and apps have been done on the gmail version, yet the e-mail address I use is an icloud.com one on the other account.

Is there a way to delete the icloud account and move the email address to my gmail one or merge the two accounts?

Many thanks.

Apple Music-OTHER, iOS 8.4, iPhone 6

Posted on Feb 14, 2016 4:52 AM

4 replies

Apr 1, 2017 6:05 PM in response to svanzandt1

svanzandt1 wrote:

One of my email addresses is about to go away, since it was a work email address and I am leaving there. Will my iCloud account that is linked to that email disappear, along with all of my photos? Help!

No, it won't go away, as long as you remember it and its password it will work, you should change your rescue address (if it is the same one though)

Feb 14, 2016 5:38 AM in response to Amorcito Arthuro

I'm afraid you can't delete or merge your ID's. Unless you are willing to change the email address you use or lose all your purchases there isn't much you can do.

there are different ways to operate 2 ID's though, so if you'd care to explain what it is that you don't like about the current set up, there might be something that would make it more acceptable to you.

Delete or merging iCloud accounts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.