Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Handoff, Continuity and Instant Hotspot problem between iPhone 6 and Mac Mini 2012

I have couple Apple devices at my home. I've found that after I bought iPhone 6, Handoff, Continuity and Instant Hotspot functions starts to work in strange way. All devices connected to the same Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and AirDrop on. All has same AppleID. Apple Watch connected to iPhone 6

When I open Safari on Mac Mini, I can see icon Safari on iPhone 5S, either on iPad mini 2, but not on iPhone 6.

When Safari open on iPhone 6, I can see icon Safari on iPhone 5S, either on iPad mini 2, either on Mac mini.

When Safari open on iPhone 5S either iPad mini 2, I can see icon Safari on all other devices, but not on iPhone 6.

When Mail open on AW, on Mac Mini appears Mail continuity icon with watch.

Instant hotspot from iPhone 6 not available, but it available from iPhone 5S.

I tried to reboot iPhone, reset network settings, log out from AppleID -> Reboot -> login to AppleID.

Nothing helps.

iPhone 6, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 14, 2016 5:13 AM

3 replies

Feb 15, 2016 12:54 PM in response to slavaivanov

Greetings slavaivanov,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that Continuity between your devices isn’t working as expected and know that situations like this can be frustrating.

To begin troubleshooting, I would first suggest reading over the following article and verifying that all Continuity features are set up as explained in the article. From your post, it definitely sounds like you are familiar, but we will use this as our starting point.

Use Continuity to connect your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac - Apple Support

Have a great day!

Feb 16, 2016 6:16 AM in response to slavaivanov

Thanks for replying and providing this extra clarification. Because it appears all of the settings between your devices are correct, using the same Apple ID, and on the same network, I would suggest contacting AppleCare directly. Contacting Apple Support will allow us to look further into this specific situation and provide you the best support possible.

Contact Apple Support - Apple Support

Have a great day!

Handoff, Continuity and Instant Hotspot problem between iPhone 6 and Mac Mini 2012

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.