Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you turn off international call barring on iPhone 6? No idea how/why it was put on their (since I bought it) in the first place but I can send and receive texts abroad and receive calls but cannot dial out irrelevant of country im calling.

WWhen I press *#331# I get an error saying international outgoing calls are barred. O2 say I need a code to unblock this. cant seem to get anywhere online with Apple as my phone is out of warranty (don't travel internationally much so just found this problem) this is quite annoying since I suspect it must be apples fault and no idea why they would set a phone up that way. The phone was bought from the Apple shop unlocked. I normally use three pay as u go but this doesn't work in China so using O2 pay as you go here. Been in touch with O2 who have given this diagnosis

iPhone 6

Posted on Feb 14, 2016 7:12 AM

3 replies

Feb 15, 2016 12:12 AM in response to Csound1

TThanks for this reply. I have since realised that you are right. I got hold of a Chinese SIM card, put it in the phone and it can call internal and external no problem. And when I type *#331# in the phone, it says outgoing international calls are enabled instead of disabled. Now I spent an hour on live chat with O2 today and they insist there is nothing wrong with my account or sim card. They've had all the serial numbers etc. And they say there is no such thing as a call barring pin. However a Google search shows that a lot of people either know or think they know that yhere is such a thing. I'm almost at giving up point and will just use the phone for texting while I'm in China and get a new SIM card when I get back to the uk for future trave. However, if you or anybody here is aware of a call barring pin for O2 which will workto deactivate this that would be a godsend. I know I need to put in #331* then the code and finally #. And this should deactivate it if such a code exists. Thanks anyway for your help with the previous answer

How do you turn off international call barring on iPhone 6? No idea how/why it was put on their (since I bought it) in the first place but I can send and receive texts abroad and receive calls but cannot dial out irrelevant of country im calling.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.