Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i fix my iphone 6 plus after it has been bricked by the 1970 retro bug?

My phone has been bricked today after i got had by a facebook post claiming to have a retro option to celebrate 10 years of apple products.. so basically stating that apple has bought this hack out...tried it, turning the date back to 1970 and rebooting and my phone has been stuck on the boot up screen for hours getting quite hot.. google has no known fixes and most of the advice from people was to take it to an apple store to have it replaced as it is a glitch in the system.. anyone have any more helpful information on the situation?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 14, 2016 6:13 AM

11 replies

Feb 15, 2016 6:59 AM in response to Skwacka

You are undoubtedly going to lose everything on the device regardless of which method you use. The phone has to be totally reset. Hopefully you have a backup you can restore to. If you do not have a backup, then my advice would be that if you are going to emulate the behavior of a lemming, you'd better have a backup, or you will crash and burn.

Best of luck,

GB

How do i fix my iphone 6 plus after it has been bricked by the 1970 retro bug?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.