Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac Retina Start-up Wallpaper vs Loaded Wallpaper

iMac Retina 27" with a small issue. When I start-up the computer and get to the password screen to log into the computer, the wallpaper I see in the background is often times not the same one I have selected for when the computer is fully loaded and sitting ready to go at the desktop. It's always one of my wallpapers from my Wallpaper folder (not any of the Apple default ones), but from time to time the one showing when logging in is not the one the shows when logged in.

Is there a fix for this or a known issue why this happens?

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Feb 14, 2016 7:03 AM

3 replies

Feb 14, 2016 8:10 AM in response to blackdogaudio

Really? I didn't think it was normal since 85-90% of the time, the blurred wallpaper I see when logging in is the same one I have selected and see when I am fully loaded at my desktop. It seems it to show a different wallpaper at sign-in/log-in about 10-15% of the time, so I thought it was a problem. But as you mentioned OS X loading its default wallpaper until I log in. No matter what wallpaper is shown at log in screen or desktop, for me, it's always the saved wallpapers I have in my own folder (not the default Apple OS wallpapers) - if that makes any difference.

Thanks again.

iMac Retina Start-up Wallpaper vs Loaded Wallpaper

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.