Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Rendering drivers for iris pro 6200 AE

Hey Community,

I'm in the process of learning Adobe AE and recently gained an iMac, that features an Iris Pro 6200 graphics card...Wondering if theres any updates for the drivers to use 3d rendering. 3.1 GHz quad-core Intel Core i5, 3.6GHz Turboboost and 8GB, 1867 MHz LPDDR3 memory. I suppose the real question is, if no additional drivers are available, is it possible to have Apple swap out the graphics card for an NVIDIA?

Thanks for your time.

Posted on Feb 14, 2016 6:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2016 12:01 PM

The only GPU's that are capable of GPU-accelerated ray-traced 3D render in After Effects on Mac are:

• GeForce GTX 285
  • GeForce GTX 675MX
  • GeForce GTX 680
  • GeForce GTX 680MX
  • GeForce GT 650M
  • Quadro CX
  • Quadro FX 4800
  • Quadro 4000
  • Quadro K5000

is it possible to have Apple swap out the graphics card

Post back with the exact model of iMac and someone can check, however it will involve replacing the entire logic board, which means it would be cheaper to buy a new iMac.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2016 12:01 PM in response to mac_ipkid48

The only GPU's that are capable of GPU-accelerated ray-traced 3D render in After Effects on Mac are:

• GeForce GTX 285
  • GeForce GTX 675MX
  • GeForce GTX 680
  • GeForce GTX 680MX
  • GeForce GT 650M
  • Quadro CX
  • Quadro FX 4800
  • Quadro 4000
  • Quadro K5000

is it possible to have Apple swap out the graphics card

Post back with the exact model of iMac and someone can check, however it will involve replacing the entire logic board, which means it would be cheaper to buy a new iMac.

Rendering drivers for iris pro 6200 AE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.