Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone keeps asking privacy permissions ios 9

Hi there!

I have an issue with my new iPhone 6s I was not able to fix. My iPhone keeps asking privacy permissions to access my photos, my locations, my cameras, etc even if I have already authorised that specific application. I already tried to reset Location & Privacy in General setting as suggested in many discussion forum, but this could not fix the problem. Can you please help me?

Fabrizio

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 14, 2016 6:05 AM

5 replies

Feb 15, 2016 2:59 AM in response to jib jab_71

I thought that I understood what you were saying, but what I was trying to point out is that some apps will still ask permission again on occasion. If it happens to you all of the time, that's a bit different.

You said that you reset the privacy settings, but have you tried resetting all settings? Or is that what you meant? If you haven't tried that, or even if you have try again, but sign out of your Apple ID and force restart the phone.

Settings>iTunes & App Store>Tap your Apple ID>Sign out. Settings>General>Reset>Reset all setting. Now force restart the phone. To force restart your device, press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for at least ten seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

Go back to Settings>iTunes & App Store and sign in and set all of your preferred settings back to where you want them to be.

If that fails, I'm not sure what to try next.

Feb 14, 2016 8:00 AM in response to jib jab_71

Is this what you are talking about?

Some apps will ask to use your location only while the app is in use. An app is considered "in use" when you're actively using it in the foreground, or when it's in use in the background, which the status bar will indicate.

Other apps will ask for access to your location even when the app isn't in use. When you allow an app to always use your location, iOS will remind you which apps are able to use your location after an app uses your location in the background.

That is copied from here.

About privacy and Location Services for iOS 8 and iOS 9 - Apple Support

Feb 14, 2016 6:56 PM in response to Demo

Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately, this is not the issue.

I try to better explain. When you use a new app that interacts with the phone functionalities (they could be contacts, microphone, camera, location, etc..), the first time you try to access such functions, it asks you the permission and a popup request appear on the screen. This should be happen only the first time that the app wants to have access to phone data or use a specific device.

My trouble is that even if I authorise the access the first time, after some time, while using the same app, the popup request popup again! And if I check all the permissions given, in the Privacy section, they are gone. Like I would have reset everything, but I did not.

I had other iPhones (4, 5, 6), but this is the first time I face this problem.

Can you help me?

Mar 10, 2016 9:37 AM in response to Demo

Thanks Demo for your suggestion.

Finally I discovered that the issue was related to the fact that I'm using two different Apple IDs, one italian and one american, at the same time.

Last time I perform a phone backup (when I replaced my iPhone 6 with the 6S) this was done with the italian account. Accordingly, if I stay logged with the american account while giving the privacy permissions to my apps, the phone keep suddenly resetting all permission and start asking it again.

What I did was:

- Logging out of the American account

- Reset all privacy setting

- Logging in with the Italian account

- Stay logged with the italian account till I reapplied the privacy permission to all my apps

Now I can use both accont with no issues.

Thanks for the support!

Ciao,
Fabrizio

iPhone keeps asking privacy permissions ios 9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.