Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remind me tomorrow never changes

I asked Siri on my iPhone 6 to remind me tomorrow at 9am to do xyz. She said she would. The reminder appeared in my Reminders list. But "tomorrow" never came. Three days later it still says reminder for tomorrow. Any insights are appreciated.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4, Talking to Siri via "Dashboard"

Posted on Feb 14, 2016 6:54 AM

3 replies

Feb 15, 2016 2:54 PM in response to MD_Gene

Hi MD_Gene,

If the Reminders app on your iPhone is not responding to your requests through Siri, try these steps to address the issue:

Get help using Reminders in iCloud

iOS

After each step, check to see if the issue still exists.

Turn Reminders on and update your device

Check your Internet connection

• Try to go to www.apple.com in Safari. If you can't connect to the Internet, your iCloud reminders won't update in the Reminders app. You can get help with your Internet connection.
  • Open a secure website from your iOS device to see if you can access ports 80 and 443. Reminders requires access to port 443 to push updates between iCloud and your devices.

Check your account details

Tap Settings > iCloud and make sure you’re signed in to the same iCloud account that you‘re using on your other supported devices.

Refresh your Reminders

If recent changes don't appear in Reminders on your iOS device, try refreshing your Reminders and Calendars.

In iOS 7 or later:

1. Open Calendar, and tap the Calendars tab to load the Calendars list.
  2. Pull down on the list to refresh both calendar events and reminders.

Change your sync settings

In iOS 7 or later:

1. Tap Settings > Reminders.
  2. Under Reminders, tap Sync. If Sync is set to All Reminders, set it to a specific time limit, such as Reminders 1 Month Back. If it's already set to a specific duration, set it to All Reminders.
  3. Tap the Home button.
  4. Wait several minutes. Then open Reminders and refresh them again.

Restart Reminders

Close and restart the Reminders app on your iOS device.

iOS 7 or later:

1. Double-click the Home button to see your open apps.
  2. Find the Reminders preview screen and swipe it up to close the app.
  3. Press the Home button to return to your Home screen.
  4. Wait a minute, then reopen the Reminders app.

Turn off iCloud Reminders and turn it back on

1. Tap Settings > iCloud.
  2. Turn off Reminders.
  3. You can choose Delete from My [device] if your data exists at icloud.com/reminders and on one or more of your devices. Otherwise, choose Keep on My [device].
  4. Wait a few minutes, then turn Reminders back on.

Restart your device

Hold down the Sleep/Wake button, then drag the slider when asked to power off. Turn your device back on.

Let us know if the issue persists after trying these steps.

Take care,

Feb 15, 2016 3:22 PM in response to judysings

Thanks. On further review it seems that my reminders based on location are the ones not working. I was out and about and asked Siri to remind me to do something when I got home. It didn't happen although the reminder appears in my reminders list. I know Siri knows where I lived because I have asked her and she was correct and my contact has my address. Any insights are appreciated. Thanks.

Feb 16, 2016 1:26 PM in response to MD_Gene

Hi MD_Gene,

Try resetting your Location and Privacy settings.

About privacy and Location Services for iOS 8 and iOS 9

Reset or disable Location Services

Location warnings are the requests that apps (such as Camera, Compass, and Maps as well as location-based third-party apps) make to use Location Services with those apps. An app will ask for permission the first time it needs to access Location Services data. Tapping Allow will give that app permission to use Location Services as needed. Tapping Don't Allow will prevent an app from accessing Location Services data. Apps won't use your location until they have asked for your permission and you grant permission.

User uploaded file

If you would like to reset all of your location settings to the factory default, go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset Location & Privacy. When your location and privacy settings are reset, apps will stop using your location until you grant them permission.

Best,

Remind me tomorrow never changes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.