Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error when using windows update on bootcamp

I have used bootcamp to install windows 10 home full edition on my 21.5 iMac with Retina display. I had installed windows 8.1 because I thought it would be cheaper to get that one and upgrade it to windows 10 but the update never worked. Whenever I run windows update it lists a bunch of updates but the problem lies with the intel drivers update. Whenever it's going to install those, it restarts like 3 times and then goes into autorecovery and deletes that update. So I never could go from 8.1 to 10. I bought windows 10 and installed it, but the same thing happens. I run windows update and it lists the normal updates for when you get a fresh start. When it gets to the intel drivers for iris pro graphics, it restarts and goes into autorecovery. In windows 8.1 it stopped there, but in windows 10 it just keeps getting in that vicious circle. It restarts, then autorecovery, then starts back up without the updates, then runs windows update and restarts againg and so begins the whole thing again. I tried deleting the intel drivers that bootcamp installs and that seemed to work, but it still restarts. Is there any way I can hope for this to work like it should or am i just gonna have to look into deleting drivers or going back to 8.1? Someone please help! :/

iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, Late 2015), Windows 10, bootcamp

Posted on Feb 14, 2016 8:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2016 10:59 AM

Please see Windows 10 crashing, but not sure why.

1 reply

Error when using windows update on bootcamp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.