Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multiple Apple TV's in one house...Redownloading all iTunes movies taking so long?

Can I successfully have on old apple tv on a tv upstairs and the newer apple tv on the TV downstairs? If so, how? And why is it taking so long- days....to download all the itunes movies one by one? Thanks any help you can provide!

AppleTV 2, Windows 8

Posted on Feb 14, 2016 7:45 AM

1 reply

Feb 14, 2016 8:08 AM in response to jennbontrager

Yes. You can have multiple ATVs in the same location. We have hundreds at my office. I have 3 at my home. Downloading will be dependent on 2 things - ISP speed and local network. It's also important to note that the ATV itself has no storage for media other than a local cache that purges itself. the best practice when you purchase content is to download to your computer and then enable home share for the ATV to access it. This is needed to help ensure access to purchased content - the movie studios can - at any time - pull titles from the iTunes library. If you have your own copy on your PC your safe. But if you only access/stream from iTunes directly then you could lose titles (as many have learned the hard way)...

Multiple Apple TV's in one house...Redownloading all iTunes movies taking so long?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.