Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iPad replacement once new model comes out?

I have a faulty iPad Air 2 and I believe the new iPad Air 3 is coming out next month. I know that they won't just give me the latest model but I'm concerned that they won't have iPad air 2 replacement stock at my local Apple retail store? Has anybody had a similar situation to this?

iPad Air, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 14, 2016 8:04 AM

1 reply

Feb 14, 2016 9:20 AM in response to Woodrick

Apple Stores will still have iPad Air 2 models still in stock if and when the iPad Air 3 models arrive.

If you still have AppleCare on your iPad Air 2, you should just go into your local Apple Store now to see if Apple will give you a replacement iPad Air 2.

Trust me, they will still have iPad Air 2 models in stock.

You will NOT receive a new iPad Air 3 model as a replacement for your older defective model.

As soon as had an issue with your iPad Air 2 model, you should have brought it in to your local Apple Store.

Good Luck!

New iPad replacement once new model comes out?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.