Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod mini in Boot Loop

hi, i'm 16, and i found the old iPod mini (first gen) of my father, but there is a problem, it's in Boot Loop, i installed a new logic board, and micro drive, i have a iMac (mid 2011)but he wont recognize it, and i can't access the recovery mode.

iPod Mini-OTHER, Other OS

Posted on Feb 14, 2016 9:06 AM

4 replies

Feb 15, 2016 1:58 AM in response to ImLione

What does "Boot Loop" mean? Are you saying it starts up to some point, and then resets (shows Apple logo again).

Can you get it to go into Disk Mode?

Putting iPod into Disk Mode - Apple Support

If you can, run iTunes and connect iPod. If iTunes picks it up, it may prompt you to do a Restore with a message about "recovery." Tell iTunes to proceed with the Restore, which erases the iPod, installs its software, and sets it to default settings. If that does not help...

The "micro drive" is a tiny hard drive that is no longer produced, so that one you acquired is likely to be used. It may be faulty, unless you have tested it using a different connection that does not involve the iPod. The internal connector for the drive is the same one use by the common Compact Flash format. You can use a standard CF card in your iPod mini (although some may not work for this purpose). You can also use an SD card to CF card adapter, and use an SD card in your iPod mini. SD cards tend cost less compared to CF card, for the same capacity.

I have an iPod mini with a 64GB SD card on an adapter. It is the earlier model (like yours) which originally had 4GB storage. This is the adapter I used

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EPMWT1M

CF card does not require an adapter; if you happen to have an old one, try putting it in your iPod mini as a test.

Jun 4, 2016 4:17 AM in response to Kenichi Watanabe

Hi,

I change my original microHD with a CF card, and it worked!

Now I'm trying to do the same thing with a microSD CF adapter : class 4 or class 10, it doesn't work, I still have the apple folder, that ask me to visit the support...

Because you seems having some practice, have you ever had the same problem?

Jul 27, 2016 1:00 AM in response to rgarjr

Which cluster size do you recommand?

I did it with a 4GB microSD Card, it didn't work.

I used fdisk on Linux to make a proper partition alignment on my microSD 32Gb : it worked for 2 weeks, but it's not steady : my iPod frozed suddenly and asks me now to contact the support.

When I put my 4Gb CF card back, everything's fine.

Can the adapter be a problem? I don't know what's inside...

iPod mini in Boot Loop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.