Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FinalCut won't open after trying to fix Compressor 4.1

I was having issues when trying to batch on Compressor.

The message said: Unable to submit to queue. Please restart your computer and verify your Compressor installation is correct.

Well, I searched for some help and got to the following solution:

Go to Library/Application Support and delete Compressor and Apple Qmaster folders.

I did that three times as it didn't seem to work the first time and now not only my Compressor isn't fixed but my FinalCut won't open either.

I've already tried deleting FinalCut preferences, but it didn't work.

Maybe it has something to do with Apple QMaster? Can someone help me, please?

Final Cut Pro 7, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Feb 14, 2016 8:42 AM

7 replies

Feb 15, 2016 11:32 AM in response to majonezbdfk

majonezbdfk wrote:

But today I reinstalled Compressor and now it says it's not compatible with my OS X. Perhaps I should update it?

Assume you're talking about updating the OS.

If you rely on FCS 3applications, I would not be inclined to upgrade your OS to a newer version. Every update since Mountain Lion seems to break something to break something – which isn't all that unexpected, since Apple stopped supporting the entire suite nearly five ears ago.

Compressor 4.1 should be available to install on Mavericks. (Seethis doc.) Do you see 4.1 on your Purchased list in the App Sore?

Perhaps it's seeing Compressor 3.5. So you might move all of the FCS applications into a folder to hide them from the App Store.

BTW, if you do upgrade the OS, and you want to retain the functionality of Final Cut Studio, consider keeping Mavericks and partitioning your start up drive to run a dual boot system. If you don't ant to partition the drive, you could use another physical drive for the Mavericks OS.

Good luck.

Russ

FinalCut won't open after trying to fix Compressor 4.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.