Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Ipad2 Mail App frozen

HHello, I tried restarting, pressing the home button , the sleep button and no luck. When I touch the Mail Icon to acces the multiple mak,accounts the app opens but it is stuck and frozen ... Please, help ! Thanks!

iPad 2, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 14, 2016 9:01 AM

5 replies

Feb 14, 2016 11:55 AM in response to Ponceña

Try force closing the mail app and then force restart the iPad. You will not lose any data.

Press the Home button two times quickly. You'll see small previews of your recently used apps. Swipe left to find the app you want to close. Swipe up on the app's preview to close it

To force restart your device, press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for at least ten seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

Feb 16, 2016 10:20 AM in response to Ponceña

Two other suggestions.....

The first would be to go to your email accounts on the server. Log into your webmail using a browser on a computer. Look for an email with a large attachment or something that might be corrupt and try to delete that email. That approach could take some time if you have multiple email accounts and if you need to sort through a bunch of emails.

The other thing that I would try is to Reset all settings. You will not lose any data, but it will take some time to set all of the device settings back to where they were. Settings>General>Reset>Reset all settings.

I Just want to make sure that you did force close the mail app before you force restarted. Can you confirm that you did so?

Apple Ipad2 Mail App frozen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.