Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I accidentally deleted the apple loops folder and emptied my trash can thinking I was saving space. How do I recover these so I can still use garageband?

I was trying to save space on my MacBook Pro by deleting GarageBand and so I deleted the Apple Loops folder in Finder and I emptied that from my trash can. Is there any way I can recover what I have done so I can still use GarageBand? I tried reinstalling GarageBand and I can use any of the preloaded apple loops because I deleted the folder. Help please!!!!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.2)

Posted on Feb 14, 2016 8:51 AM

1 reply

Feb 14, 2016 12:10 PM in response to TGUnited1

I tried reinstalling GarageBand and I can use any of the preloaded apple loops because I deleted the folder.

How did you try to reinstall GarageBand? Any Garageband installer will restore the loops as well.

Are you using GarageBand 10 or the older GarageBand '11?

The GarageBand installer from the AppStore needs to download the loops from Apple's servers. It will be quicker to restore the Apple Loops folder from your most recent backup.

I accidentally deleted the apple loops folder and emptied my trash can thinking I was saving space. How do I recover these so I can still use garageband?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.