Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto only shows 1 person in each photo with no scenery

Hi,

I have iPhoto 9.6.1 using a Macbook Air (mid 2012) , processor 2 GHz Intel Core i7, Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB with El Capitan version 10.11.3.

My photos are showing 1 persons head in each photo. The other people as well as scenery were divided into separate photos. I read the directions on repairing, rebuilding data base for iPhoto with no positive results. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you very much,

Janell

MacBook Air

Posted on Feb 14, 2016 9:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2016 9:56 AM

Your post is not clear - my best guess with virtually no information is that you have imported an old library into iPhoto - you never, ever import a library - you open them

If that guess is correct then your only solution is to start over opening the old library rather than importing it

and since your question is about iPhoto for Mac I will request that it be moved from to the Photos for Mac forum to the iPhoto for Mac forum

LN

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 14, 2016 9:56 AM in response to BandJ__

Your post is not clear - my best guess with virtually no information is that you have imported an old library into iPhoto - you never, ever import a library - you open them

If that guess is correct then your only solution is to start over opening the old library rather than importing it

and since your question is about iPhoto for Mac I will request that it be moved from to the Photos for Mac forum to the iPhoto for Mac forum

LN

Feb 14, 2016 10:01 AM in response to LarryHN

Thank you. I'm not sure what happened. If we imported a library we did it in error. I opened iPhoto up one day and the pictures were divided. For instance a group of people in one picture was divided into multiple pictures with 1 person in each picture.

Thank you for your help I'm not sure how to transfer this question this is my first time posting.

Once again Thank you

Feb 21, 2016 4:26 PM in response to Old Toad

HI, I'm sorry for the delayed response. I am looking at All Events and Photos. If I press on one of the events there is only 1 photo under each event instead of many photos. The one photo shown is the head of one person that was in the photo although the photo was taken of 3 to 4 people. Under the next event there is a photo of the second person that was in the first events photo. After thinking about it the one thing I did, there were photos in the folder "Last Import" that were not in the library and I selected all and then imported them into my library. That was the only thing I did out of the ordinary.

Thank you

iPhoto only shows 1 person in each photo with no scenery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.