Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

On/Off Issue with LG TV

Hi there

I bought my Apple TV Gen. 4 just some weeks ago and there is something I do not understand.

It might be a nice feature, that ATV turns off the TV automatically by putting it on stand by… but did Apple think about, that ATV users still might have some other devices connected to their TVs? Maybe I am too old fashioned, if I do not scrap my Sky / sat receiver or my good old Playstation 3, just by having this little black box connected to my TV now, but am I the only one?

Sometimes this feature works and sometimes it does not (so that my TV stays on and says that there is no signal, what I mostly want it to do).

But still there is a thing, that annoys me more than the above mentioned:

Every time I turn off my TV (after watching sat-tv or using my PS3), the ATV wakes up from standby! So I have to turn off the ATV „blind“ by pressing the buttons in the right order every evening.

My TV is a LG LED from 2011 (european version), and I did not have any problems with other devices, such as the above mentioned ones and the Amazon Fire TV-Stick. The ATV is connected directly via HDMI to the TV (no HDMI-switch or such).

Does anyone else have the same issue or does anyone know how to solve it?

Thank you very much and best regards from Germany

Michael

Apple TV

Posted on Feb 14, 2016 10:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2016 1:30 PM

It sounds like you should disable the HDMI-CEC. Many users do not have additional devices connected and therefore the option is useful to them. Others that do have additional devices they have the option to disable...

Control your TV or receiver with your Siri Remote or Apple TV Remote - Apple Support

In Settings > Remotes and Devices, you can choose the following:

• Turn on your TV or Receiver: Decide whether your Siri Remote or Apple TV Remote automatically turns on your television or receiver.
  • Volume Control: Decide whether your Siri Remote or Apple TV Remote controls volume for your television or your receiver. You can also select this to learn, edit, or delete learned volume controls.

User uploaded file

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2016 1:30 PM in response to breakthru717

It sounds like you should disable the HDMI-CEC. Many users do not have additional devices connected and therefore the option is useful to them. Others that do have additional devices they have the option to disable...

Control your TV or receiver with your Siri Remote or Apple TV Remote - Apple Support

In Settings > Remotes and Devices, you can choose the following:

• Turn on your TV or Receiver: Decide whether your Siri Remote or Apple TV Remote automatically turns on your television or receiver.
  • Volume Control: Decide whether your Siri Remote or Apple TV Remote controls volume for your television or your receiver. You can also select this to learn, edit, or delete learned volume controls.

User uploaded file

On/Off Issue with LG TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.