Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Countdown request on Siri

Siri used to understand, "Give me a 30-minute countdown."

Now, in iOS 9, she doesn't, and I cannot understand why. It used to bring up the Clock app and have the timer ready to go.

Siri, is after all, a complete bust. Amazing that after all these years the thing is entirely useless. It works about 9 times out of 1,000 (thought I was gonna say 10, didn't you?). But to not understand the request above is an unmitigated disaster. I mean, seriously? I cook a lot and need to have a few timers going on at any given time. I kept thinking it was maybe a bad network connection or my local cell tower was not accepting the packaged voice requests from my iPhone for some reason. Then I realized that, quite simple, Siri *****.

Apple, Google HQ is not far from where you are located. Get in your secret iCar, then take a short drive; in this case, you should copy instead of being copied.

This post is just to vent; I am not going to change the way I talk or have to reset this and do that; my phone should adapt to me, not the other way around. This is simply a big FAIL.

As many high-end pundits and tech journalists have already pointed out, this is the "death by a thousand cuts" software scenario, whereby all these little issues crop up, you can't put a finger on it, which gives Apple an easy out since, if you can't replicate it or properly put into words what is going on, then they can just keep on writing subpar software. Home screen taking 10-15 seconds before it accepts swipe gestures? Spotlight search not working for 30-60 seconds after a night's charge? Stuttering animations for no reason (and Apple Support tells you to turn off iCloud and other background processes, even though you have an iPhone 6S! If I have to turn those off to get basic functionality, then maybe you shouldn't have released a half-baked implementation!)? But, hey, gotta put in the latest cutesy features without doing any QA on previous releases; why fix the past when we've got Marketing breathing down our throats to invent the future!

Posted on Feb 14, 2016 10:35 AM

There are no replies.

Countdown request on Siri

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.