Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

multiple photos and word document PROBLEMS

Hi! THis question has several parts. I take many photos for my work and have to put them on a word document. I would like to have six photos one each page.

I am finding a lot of road blocks:

A.) Because I am talking about 50 to 100 photos for each report, I dont know of a method that is the least time consuming as far as transferring my photos from either my iphone/ipad. I dont like using iphoto because it is boggled down with all this inporting/exporting. I have been dowmloading these photos into a folder and keeping it on the desk top, then dragging it over into word document. Now every time I do this I have to resize the photo, but even worse, the photo will often come up sideways with NO option to rotate it. The original photo in the file, BTW, NOT SIDEWAYS.

B.) I guess theres only A. Please help, this has been the biggest thorn in my side and I am beyond frustrated. Thanks

MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2014)

Posted on Feb 14, 2016 10:30 AM

9 replies

Feb 14, 2016 10:50 AM in response to Granitejunkie

Can't help you regarding moving pictures from iPhone or iPad to your Mac, but on the working with pictures and Word part - how are you supposed to output the final document, in Word or could you live with PDF format for your completed files?

If you can live with PDF formats of your documents with multiple photos on each page, you might try working with your pictures within Apple Pages. That might be a more flexible than working within MS Word. Than output your Pages to PDF (or Word if you have to). You have nothing to lose by experimenting.

MS Word and graphic objects have never played well together, IMHO.

Feb 14, 2016 12:10 PM in response to Granitejunkie

As Old Toadwrote above, you can resize in MS Word using the right click. In 2016 the dialog is a different but principal is the same.

You could also drag a bunch of photos from the Finder into Preview, a Mac app. Then viewing them in thumbnails, you can select all of them on the left, then go to Tools and Adjust Size (you should then see multiple photo alert). Pick a width or a standard height, and set it. Save All. Then each should be the same height or width you have set. Then work with those sized photos in your Word or Pages.

See

Preview (Yosemite): Display several files in one Preview window

Preview (Yosemite): Convert graphics file types

Feb 14, 2016 3:34 PM in response to Sparkleberry

Thanks Sparkleberry. I ended up using that method, but then when I go to drag it into the word document, it will rotate upside down on me and not give me the option of rotating it right side up. I don't know why its doing that and it makes me go crazy! So, I took your suggestion from earlier and moved all the photos needed from finder to preview and sized them there. Then when I saved all the images, I saved them as pdf's and put them in a separate file on my desktop for easy access to grab and drop into the word document. THe next issue I experienced is when I dragged and dropped these new pdf's, I still had to go to the format photo box and reformat the size, which is a pain when you are doing this to over 50 photos. But at east they were not upside down! Thanks for your help !

multiple photos and word document PROBLEMS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.