Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Please recommend to me a graphics card and 32" monitor for my 2009 mac pro

I currently have the stock nvidia gt120 and a 27" samsung screen, which was cheap and does not seem like great quality.

I have my screen quite a distance from me for acoustic reasons, and feel like i'm straining my eyes a little.

I think a 32" is as big as I have space for.

I know nothing about graphics/ monitors but I want the clearest most pleasant viewing experience possible for using logic and pro tools - I'm looking at it 12 hours a day 6-7 days a week so I think it makes sense to splash out if need be...

Will my GT120 support a large screen? Would a better graphics card give me a sharper display?

Any info greatly appreciated as I'm a total dummy on this topic. User uploaded file

Mac Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), early 2009 12 core 2.66

Posted on Feb 14, 2016 10:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2016 11:27 AM

It is not the size of the screen that matters, it is the resolution, the number pf pixels the card has to drive.

The GT 120 will drive 2650x1600 max via mini displayport output or dual-link DVI.

What monitor you get really depend upon your preference and budget. It is very subjective. Just get one with a mini displayport or displayport input.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 14, 2016 11:27 AM in response to mountain goat

It is not the size of the screen that matters, it is the resolution, the number pf pixels the card has to drive.

The GT 120 will drive 2650x1600 max via mini displayport output or dual-link DVI.

What monitor you get really depend upon your preference and budget. It is very subjective. Just get one with a mini displayport or displayport input.

Please recommend to me a graphics card and 32" monitor for my 2009 mac pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.