Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can I turn off iOS auto-update

I am constantly being reminded to update my iPhone to 9.2.1 But what if I don't want it? how can I turn off iOS auto-update?

iOS 9.2

Posted on Feb 14, 2016 11:02 AM

3 replies

Feb 14, 2016 12:31 PM in response to Vladis89

Vladis89 wrote:

I am constantly being reminded to update my iPhone to 9.2.1 But what if I don't want it? how can I turn off iOS auto-update?

You mean the red badge icon on Settings? You can't disable that. Apple needs to ensure that users are aware of iOS updates, usually because such updates offer some form of improvement or security enhancement. While it's your choice whether or not to update, that notification badge won't go away until you do.

It's like the check engine light in your car. You can't disable it, but no one's going to force you to go to the mechanic.

But it's usually a good idea.

Feb 14, 2016 1:08 PM in response to TJBUSMC1973

TJBUSMC1973 wrote:

Vladis89 wrote:

You mean the red badge icon on Settings? You can't disable that. Apple needs to ensure that users are aware of iOS updates, usually because such updates offer some form of improvement or security enhancement. While it's your choice whether or not to update, that notification badge won't go away until you do.

It's like the check engine light in your car. You can't disable it, but no one's going to force you to go to the mechanic.

But it's usually a good idea.

Why would you go to the dealer? Open the hood and check the engine. If it's still there, you're OK!

how can I turn off iOS auto-update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.