Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mainstage and Controller for Mainstage

I had a novation SL MKll. it got damaged in a car accident. I need to replace it, however i want to get two keyboards. I have a Macbook Pro and I use Mainstage, Logic Pro, and Sibelius. I perform live and write music. I am still new to this whole midi thing. I use Komplete Ultimate software, some instruments from the internet, instruments from Garageband and Logic. Since I need to get another controller, I am wondering if the Novation is still a good option or is there something better? Also, is Mainstage still up to the task or is there a better option?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 14, 2016 12:58 PM

2 replies

Mar 8, 2016 8:42 AM in response to ynotmusic

I Love my Novation Impulse 61. I use is mostly for Hammond sounds but for many others as well. I have mapped all of the 9 faders to the drawbars in MainStage. The action is the best I've found in the $300-500 range and it's solid but fairly light. I've never gotten the AutoMap feature to work with MainStage so I wouldn't bother with that.

MainStage is Way up to the task! With Playback, it can compete with Live any day but it has so much more it can do than Live. Plus, if other band members use Live, MainStage can work with Live as well. I use so many different instruments and voices in MainStage every week that there's no way Live could cover it.

Mainstage and Controller for Mainstage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.