Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sims 2 no longer opens on my mac

I bought the Sims 2 collection a few months ago and had no problems. I even played sims 2 last night. However, tonight when I try to open it it bounces in my bar as thought it is going to open and then disappears and does not open. I have no idea how to get it to work again. The only thing that has changed since yesterday is I updated my mac with one of the security updates. Could this be why? if so how do I make it allow my sims to work?

I am getting no error messages or anything, it just bounces then goes away.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Feb 14, 2016 12:26 PM

1 reply

Feb 14, 2016 1:38 PM in response to EllenCMcG

I see you are having problems with "The Sims 2 collection" in that it doesn't open now, but it used to, and you believe the cause to be a security update, correct? here's what you can do

1-Zap Pram, reboot computer, hold down Apple (command) option, P and R keys, hold down for 3 chimes then release and let computer boot as usual

2-Reset the PMU/SMC. Shut down computer, plug in power adapter, on the left hand side of the keyboard, hold down the Shift, control, Option and Power key

for about 30 seconds, release all keys and press the power key

3-see if there are any updates for the game itself. I think it's a Mac App store exclusive, so you'd have to go there for that. or try emailing support@aspyr.com

repairing disk permissions might be helpful. double click on Disk Utilty (in your Utilities folder somewhere on your hard drive), to open it up, then choose verify and Repair Disk Permissions. You may have to make sure your hard drive is selected first...hopefully some of these suggestions might help you out, maybe there 's an update for Yosemite out there (unless you want to go to El Capitan, which is up to you)

good luck

John b

Sims 2 no longer opens on my mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.