Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some songs "cannot be found" when syncing iPad

I am new to this community and a new iPad user. Any help will be most appreciated.

I am having a very frustrating problem when attempting to sync music from my Windows computer's iTunes library to my iPad. It's a problem I have never encountered in the past when syncing iPods or iPhones to different libraries on the same computer..

The failure occurs when I add a folder containing, say, 15 mp3 tracks to the iTunes library. Adding the folder goes fine. I then create a playlist from the newly added tracks. That also goes fine; all tracks show up in the playlist. However, when I then sync my iPad, I get a popup that says some of the new songs were not synced because they "cannot be found".

I have tried playing all the songs in the new playlist in iTunes on the computer, and iTunes has no problem with the tracks. I have tried deleting the new tracks and playlist from iTunes, and then re-adding the tracks and creating the playlist again. No help. (Sometimes a different number of tracks "can't be found' as compared to the prior attempt, even though no change has been made in the contents of the source folder.)

I have also tried closing and reopening iTunes, and rebooting both the computer and the iPad. No help there either.

iPad Mini, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 14, 2016 12:33 PM

1 reply

Some songs "cannot be found" when syncing iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.