Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Group Messaging

I have recently bought Iphone 6s Plus but later on found that Group messaging option isn't available in setting-->Message-->? no group messaging option! Hence unable to send group messages. Kindly help me out to fix it.

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 14, 2016 1:12 PM

17 replies

Feb 15, 2016 8:43 AM in response to yahmadpk

Are you using a supported carrier for the iPhone? I'm wondering why you are not seeing the setting for Group Messaging. Since you are referring to SMS, then you are referring to a carrier function. If your carrier is a supported carrier, they should be able to fix the issue for you, or explain why their carrier file is not showing the setting for you.

Where are you located and who is your carrier?

Feb 15, 2016 9:14 AM in response to yahmadpk

Did you purchase this iPhone from them, or is this one that you bought somewhere else? Is this an unlocked phone, and how was it unlocked? Something tells me you do not have the proper APN settings to use this carrier on the device.

You didn't indicate where you are located. From what I can tell, their service is difficult to figure out. But you need to find out from them about your problem. I cannot find a great deal of support on their website, but again I believe this is an APN issue.

Feb 15, 2016 11:42 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

Yes I have bought an unlocked IPhone 6s Plus set from LA, USA from apple store last Dec. APN setting is proper and have cross verified from carrier as well. Right now I am located in Karachi, Pakistan......Here my MMS issue is resolved after setting correct APN setting and now able to do group MMS as well but unable to do group sms text yet. When ever I do group sms text it convert it to group MMS , I unable to trace out yet the reason of it why it happened.

Feb 15, 2016 11:51 AM in response to yahmadpk

yahmadpk wrote:

Yes I have bought an unlocked IPhone 6s Plus set from LA, USA from apple store last Dec. APN setting is proper and have cross verified from carrier as well. Right now I am located in Karachi, Pakistan......Here my MMS issue is resolved after setting correct APN setting and now able to do group MMS as well but unable to do group sms text yet. When ever I do group sms text it convert it to group MMS , I unable to trace out yet the reason of it why it happened.

Well, as you know, you have numerous issues going on here. Since this is a US phone, it is likely not supporting all bands in your local area, they are not designed for that. To my knowledge, I believed that all group text goes as a MMS, but I could be wrong. I know that if you have a mix of iPhone and non-iPhone users in a group message, it is sent as an MMS. Either way, as the other poster has indicated, your issues are with your carrier, and not the iPhone.

Group Messaging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.