Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mac book pro usage history

I want to know if there is some way possible to discover log files or others that can show me daily the notebook hours working!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3), null

Posted on Feb 14, 2016 2:09 PM

4 replies

Feb 14, 2016 3:23 PM in response to cesarwerlich

You need a third-party utility for that unless you just want to make a note on a pad of time on and time off. You may find the essential information in logs, but which log and how to extract. You may want to search for something on the Mac App Store or on MacUpdate.*

*How to safely use MacUpdate to download malware-free software:

This site has both free and paid membership accounts. If you have neither then some software will be distributed as an installer wrapper that includes adware/malware you may not want. Such a download may appear on your computer like this: Firefox Installer.dmg. Delete the download and return to the main site where you will find a direct link to the developer's website. Use that link from which to download the software.

To avoid such downloads from MU just create a free membership account. Log into your account prior to using the site. This will avoid the installer wrappers and downloading adware or malware. I continue to use their site without any problems.

If you prefer not to create a membership account then note that on the download page under the price box will be the link to the developer’s site. Use that link and download the software directly from the developer circumventing the use of MU altogether.

You will find warnings from one user in this topic warning that the site is “dangerous.” His warning is an exaggeration and it is false. Learn the facts. You merely need to establish a free or paid membership to avoid problems with malware. Don’t pay attention to other users who warn you away with hyperbole and rhetorical insults.

mac book pro usage history

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.