Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to chekout if the iphone is brand new or refurbished (befor I buy it in the store)?

Yesterday I came to the store in my town where I wanted to buy iPhone 6S. First of all I looked at the box and tryed to check the serial number. So the result was:

Please activate your iPhone

We are unable to display coverage details because your iPhone has not been activated.
Please contact your iPhone retailer or wireless carrier to activate your iPhone.

Is it OK? Does it mean that this iPhone 6S is original and absolutely new? I am afraid to buy fake or refurbished iPhone. Please, help me to find out if everything is ok with the result of checking. Thank you.

Posted on Feb 14, 2016 1:30 PM

4 replies

Feb 14, 2016 2:04 PM in response to ellada16

Neither Apple nor any Apple authorized reseller sells refurbished iPhones to retail customers. Refurbished devices are used for exchange service units, but they are not sold at retail.

Some carriers sell used devices at discount, but they will make it clear that those are not brand new OEM devices. In the USA at least, it is blatantly illegal to sell a used or refurbished device labeled or referred to as "new".

how to chekout if the iphone is brand new or refurbished (befor I buy it in the store)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.