Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 9 integration with BMW Office

I am very frustrated with Apple for changes in iOS 9 that inhibit integration with BMW Office and the ability to read email messages in the vehicle's iDrive screen. Apple please restore the functionality. I tell you the truth, I value my BMW much more that I value my Apple equipment. Please provide me any status and plans to restore this functionality. Yes, Android devices and Blackberrys integrate perfectly with BMW Mobile Office. I would gladly return to iOS 8 to restore the functionality in my car. There is nothing in 9 that compares to my car integration.

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 14, 2016 1:35 PM

3 replies

Apr 20, 2017 2:05 PM in response to KiltedTim

Hm ... so BMW sits with their SW on top of an API that has not changed between iOS 8 and 9. so then both sides are fine and it has to work. This sounds much more like an API change on Apple side.

The other smartphone OS does not have this issue . Or is this just about BMW not wanting to pay licence fees ? So their licence key expired for iOS 9 and subsequent.

So Apple users pay twice : a) when they get the phone and b) when they buy a än apple enabled car at a higher price tag.

Sorting the Sw issue in a head unit is the lowest hurdle. You throw a couple of engineers at it. Ah but sorry this does not work as BMW has not paid support fees .

So my friends that's why this does not work.

iOS 9 integration with BMW Office

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.