Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cant scroll in my photos! How do I navigate in my photos?

I am not familiar with the new iphoto layout and honestly I hate it. It's so difficult for me to navigate recently and yesterday my mouse no longer has the ability to scroll to view my photos. I bought the mac in 2012 and have had every new iphone since 2007 or 2008 when they came out. I currently have the 6 plus and it's becoming my enemy. I can only take about 5 pictures a month before I run out of storage (yet I pay a monthly fee for add't storage that I'm unable to locate).

FRUSTRATED to the MAXXX

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), iOS 9.2.1, iphone 6 plus

Posted on Feb 14, 2016 1:59 PM

4 replies

Feb 14, 2016 2:17 PM in response to Ellie May

Maybe your problem if failure to learn

1 - there is no new iPhoto - the last release of iPhoto was about two years ago

2 - this forum is only about Photos for Mac - a totally new program with no connection to iPhoto except the ability to migrate iPhoto libraries and the fact that it works with photos

3 - again this forum is not for iPhone so you need to post iPhone questions in an appropriate forum

4 - most of all - RANT are useless - you seem to have questions but until you actually tell us what you have and ask questions rather than posting random RANT thorughts we can not help

As to scrolling it work perfectly with El Captain and Photos 1.3 (and with the previous versions too) - there are some option in the system preferences ==> general and either mouse or trackpad depending on wha you use that you may want to change

LN

Feb 14, 2016 3:18 PM in response to LarryHN

You must pat yourself on the back every day Larry, you have lots of apple points 😉, that's so awesome! You must really help an enormous amount of people with all that apple forum knowledge! Unfortunately, your inability to spell makes your response confusing. I think you were so excited to type your diss, that your smart asterick surpassed your fingers inability to keep up. If the last release of iPhoto was released 2 years ago, then I've been putting this off a long time! I'll let you go help someone else that deserves your valuable apple point reward system and ask my granddaughter instead! But thank you Larry, you're a credit to the apple community! 🙂

Feb 14, 2016 4:24 PM in response to LarryHN

I'm sorry for the attitude Larry, it's my PTSD. The aftermath of war is not kind to soldiers and it continues to rear it's ugly head after all these years, especially when I get frustrated. The good news is that my granddaughter informed me that my mouse is designed to scroll on my computer, not my iphone. Plus, she told me that pictures on my computer are called "photos", not "i-photos". Boy do I have a lot to learn! Next she'll probably tell me that the storage unit I rented won't help with my iphone storage problem! But she's only 3 lol what does she know!

I cant scroll in my photos! How do I navigate in my photos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.