Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Different Keyboards with on-Screen and bluetooth Keyboard

hey everybody,

since I often need to switch between the German and the Greek Keyboard, I would like to ask you, whether it is possible to use the bluetooth keyboard as the German one and the on-screen one (I can open that via a Hotkey) as Greek one, without changing the language every timeß

Yours

Luke

iPod touch, Windows 8

Posted on Feb 14, 2016 2:45 PM

3 replies

Feb 14, 2016 3:45 PM in response to Ehrhardt

Ehrhardt wrote:

whether it is possible to use the bluetooth keyboard as the German one and the on-screen one (I can open that via a Hotkey) as Greek one, without changing the language every time

It's not the iOS "language" you need to change, but the "keyboard". From a Bluetooth Keyboard you can do this via the shortcut Command plus Space or (starting with ios 9) Control plus Space. You can of course also type Greek from the Bluetooth Keyboard if you know the Greek layout.

Feb 15, 2016 2:35 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

hey,

I know, that the iOS language isn't necessarily the same as the keyboard language

So my question was: can I set the language of the bluetooth-keyboard permanently to "German", while the on-screen keyboard language is "Greek" (because I don't know the layout) and just open the on-screen keyboard if needed without changing the language of both keyboards?

Different Keyboards with on-Screen and bluetooth Keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.