Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change order of templates in Pages?

I created a half-a-dozen templates, but Pages puts them at bottom of all the templates it comes with. I've never used any of the Pages templates, but I must scroll through all of them each time I want to open a new page. multiply that by hundreds of time, and it's a lot of time wasted. Any way to put my own templates first?

Thanks

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Feb 14, 2016 3:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2016 7:54 AM

Tapping My Templates in the LH Sidebar is much faster than scrolling through ALL the Templates.

If you have ONE Template you use often then change Pages >Preferences >General to Open New Documents with your favourite Template.

OR Keep Templates in an easily located folder (in Finder) and use those as the starting point for your new documents

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2016 7:54 AM in response to ArmandoWyo

Tapping My Templates in the LH Sidebar is much faster than scrolling through ALL the Templates.

If you have ONE Template you use often then change Pages >Preferences >General to Open New Documents with your favourite Template.

OR Keep Templates in an easily located folder (in Finder) and use those as the starting point for your new documents

Feb 15, 2016 8:02 AM in response to ArmandoWyo

Thanks. I have 4 or 5 templates. I don't know why but when I click on Templates on sidebar, nothing happens. Same long list created by Apple is still there. That frustration was what moved me to write. I do have templates in favorites folder and can get one in 3 or 4 clicks, and that's what I'll continue to do. Just don't understand why Apple created a system that mandatorily puts the most likely to be used new pages after every concievable form of document. Not very user friendly.

How to change order of templates in Pages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.