Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

01/01/1970- What would apple do?

I didn't know what the date 1/1/1970 would do to my phone, so a friend convinced me to put it. I went to the store where i bought my iphone 6s, and they said that was no solution, but they sent it to apple. My question is, will apple fix it, give me a new phone or there's really nothing to do and will I lost my phone? I'll have to wait 30 days, at most. I'm really worried..

Posted on Feb 14, 2016 2:29 PM

2 replies

Feb 15, 2016 7:35 AM in response to gbs1

gbs1 wrote:

I didn't know what the date 1/1/1970 would do to my phone, so a friend convinced me to put it. I went to the store where i bought my iphone 6s, and they said that was no solution, but they sent it to apple. My question is, will apple fix it, give me a new phone or there's really nothing to do and will I lost my phone? I'll have to wait 30 days, at most. I'm really worried..

Apple stores are aware of the problem and can fix it. But sometimes that isn't necessary; see this: I set my iOS device to January 1, 1970...

01/01/1970- What would apple do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.