Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

touch id fingerprints

aloha Apple and all,

can we use this software for all fingers and store them, then can we print them out? Will it be accurate? I wish to scan all my fingers and both thumbs, then print them out. Is this possible with i phone 6s plus? mahalo

Posted on Feb 14, 2016 3:11 PM

13 replies

Feb 14, 2016 3:15 PM in response to Reid Monroe

While you can use numerous fingers, all you can register are 5 fingers. Also, there is no way to print out anything about your fingers. The information that is scanned is not an image, but a digital rendering of your fingerprint and the device can interpret this information to unlock your device.

Use Touch ID on iPhone and iPad - Apple Support

Feb 14, 2016 3:28 PM in response to Reid Monroe

Your fingerprints are encrypted and stored in a special section of the processor that can only be accessed by Touch ID, and nothing else. Apple would not provide any outside app access to that, as it could compromise the device. Your wish for something that would allow you to print out your fingerprints is not going to happen, at least in my opinion given Apple's dedication to security in this case.

Feb 14, 2016 3:28 PM in response to Reid Monroe

Reid Monroe wrote:

aloha all, Mahalo, ok then, humm maybe we should be go ahead and make this for a future toy, are there any apps out there that can?

The fact that the phone does not store fingerprints in a way that they could ever be printed out is for your protection and security. See this article:

About Touch ID security on iPhone and iPad - Apple Support

Get yourself some fingerprint ink. Take your finger prints, photograph them with your phones' camera. You can then do what ever you need or want to do with them. It seems unlikely that any apps exist as it would be difficult to take a proper picture of your fingerprint without something to make the print show up. However, search the App Store for "fingerprint" and see what happens.

touch id fingerprints

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.