Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

netflix on safari doesn't work

I wanted to access netflix so I typed it in the search page

- at first it brought me to the home page

- when clicked on the sign-in I got the message that "safari can't open the page" and underneath that it was because of too many redirect...

- at the following attempt to search for netflix on Safari search bar I got the message Netflix site error asking to go to netflix home page by clicking on a button

- when I click the button I get to the same page and the only way to get back to the real homepage is to close Safari.

Can anybody help?

Jose

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2013), Actually I have El capitain install

Posted on Feb 14, 2016 3:47 PM

1 reply

Feb 14, 2016 8:50 PM in response to josedal65

Hi JoseDal65,

Please attempt the following and then try accessing NetFlix.

1. Open Safari and click on Safari in the upper left hand corner.
  2. Click Reset Safari.
  3. User uploaded file
  4. Restart Safari. This will resolve most problems. If this does not solve the problem, proceed on to Step 4.
  5. User uploaded file
  6. Click on the hard drive icon located on the desktop.
  7. Browse to Users > (Users Home) > Library > Safari folder.
  8. Drag every file but "Bookmarks.plist" into the trash.
  9. Browse to Users > (User Home) > Library > Preferences.
  10. Locate "com.apple.Safari.plist", "com.apple.internetconfigpriv.plist", and "com.apple.internetconfig.plist" and drag them to the trash. If "com.apple.internetconfigpriv.plist does not exist, ignore it and just trash the other two files.
  11. Safari should now be back to factory default status.

Try these steps and then post back the results.

Thanks,

Mark

netflix on safari doesn't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.