Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem Updating Apps On iPad - Cannot Change Account Used

Greetings,

Back when I first got this iPad for my wife, my daughter, who has an iPhone, set it up for her using her own App Store account. My wife has since passed away and I am using it now. I have since set up my own account on the App Store. I am about to go on holidays and I wanted to make sure everything was updated before I left. Clicking update on any item always results in a request for a password on my daughter's account. I have, to no avail, tried to set it to my account. I have gone to the bottom of the "Featured" account and made sure it is set to my own account. I am still prompted for my daughter's account password.

I have signed out, turned the unit off and back on again. Done the same thing doing a complete reset and set everything up from scratch.

Same results. Some of the updates are ones that I downloaded myself a while back.

Running O/S version 9.2.1.

I have to say that I am not impressed. It's a nice unit, but if Apple can't even get something as simple as a sign on/password combination correct, it is not exactly inspiring my confidence when I look into new notebook computers.

If the software that I create had this level of ease of use/reliability, I would be bankrupt.

Anyone have any suggestions?

>>> Rick <<<

iPad, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 14, 2016 4:08 PM

1 reply

Problem Updating Apps On iPad - Cannot Change Account Used

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.