Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to connect 2 HDMI monitors to a MacBook Pro w/retina (early 2015)?

I am wondering if it's possible to connect two monitors with HDMI ports to my MacBook Pro w/retina display (early 2015 model) and, if so, what's the best way?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Feb 14, 2016 4:28 PM

1 reply

Feb 14, 2016 8:44 PM in response to billyp3

Hi BillyP3,

Absolutely! You should have 2 Thunderbolt ports and a HDMI port. Technically, you can connect 3 external monitors if you'd wish.

Buy 2 monitors that are Thunderbolt compatible or you can mix and match. For instance, buy a HDMI compatible monitor and also one that is Thunderbolt compatible.

If you would be interested, and you have the money to dish out, I would highly recommend the Apple 27" Thunderbolt display. Very beautiful monitor that not only offers a great display, but also provide additional I/O for you other peripherals (USB, Firewire, Thunderbolt). However, the price tag is at a hefty $999 because of it's high resolution and sharpness. Although this may seem like a very expensive monitor, it's actually reasonably priced when compared to Dell's and HP's Professional grade monitors that have the same specs.

Therefore, all you need is a monitor that is Thunderbolt or HDMI compatible.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Mark

Is it possible to connect 2 HDMI monitors to a MacBook Pro w/retina (early 2015)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.