Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

1 email stuck in outbox - how to remove it?

I have an email stuck (now for 2 weeks) in my iPhone 6 outbox. It has the dotted circle moving next to it when I try to open it - I don't really know for sure that I created it - all it shows is a URL to a site that I have never visited.

I've rebooted the iPhone many times during this period.

I've looked on my macs and they don't show anything in the outbox. I even signed into iCloud.com to see if it would appear there so I could delete it - not there.

I have the latest version of iOS 9 all updated. Nothing else really showing any problems with the iPhone other than seeming to have less battery life...

Any ideas how to deal with this?

thanks,

tom

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Feb 14, 2016 8:00 PM

8 replies

Mar 4, 2017 9:42 AM in response to panjoel17

It worked for me. I had an email stuck in my iPhone 6 outbox for over 2 weeks due to large media attached. I could not delete it by sliding the email to left nor I could use the edit button. Edit button was greyed out. Then I followed as was suggested here. Turn the phone to aeroplane mode and shut off. Once you reboot in the aeroplane mode you will be able to delete the stuck email as long as you are in the aeroplane mode.

1 email stuck in outbox - how to remove it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.