Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple tv 4 gen dont work with ipad2

Hi,

I have a apple tv 4 gen ( latest software) in my work domain. I do not use the wifi i use de LAN poort.

When iam done with the setup i can use the iPad air of the iPhone 6 for AirPlay. When i want to use the iPad 2 it dont work. I dont see the Airplay button.

The iPad two runs on firmware 9.1 (13B143).

What to do ?

Apple TV (4th generation), iOS 9, Help

Posted on Feb 15, 2016 12:28 AM

12 replies

Feb 15, 2016 6:55 AM in response to ronaldfromleiden

Try the following steps, check whether things are working after each step where appropriate, before trying the next.

1. Check AirPlay is turned on on the Apple TV (turn it off and on if it already is)
  2. Check that both devices are on the same network (Settings > Wifi, on the mobile device and Settings > General > Network, on the Apple TV).
  3. Restart the Apple TV (Settings > General > Restart).
  4. Restart the Apple TV by removing ALL the cables for 30 seconds.
  5. Restart your router. (Also try removing it’s power cord for at least 30 seconds)
  6. Restart your mobile device.

If you are still having problems, the following article(s) may help you.

Troubleshooting AirPlay

Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

Recommended Wi-Fi settings

Wifi Diagnostic Software (for Mac users)

You may also find some help on this page, where I’ve collected some of the more unusual solutions to network issues.

When making adjustments to your network for better optimisation, you may find some of the points mentioned on this page helpful.

Feb 16, 2016 6:09 AM in response to ronaldfromleiden

if it's not then it's because the ethernet and wifi are not bridged http://www.wikihow.com/Bridge-an-Internet-Connection

or because the required ports are not allowed TCP and UDP ports used by Apple software products - Apple Support

there are a lot of issues with people setting or asking the tech to set up their network hacking bullet proof and ending up with very locked down networks where only port 80 is open and them being confusing why so few things works in term of things like this

apple tv 4 gen dont work with ipad2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.