Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can send emails, but cannot receive emails

I'm having trouble with Apple Mail, I can send emails, but I cannot receive them. I've checked all my settings multiple times, everything is set up correctly, but I still cannot receive emails. Has anyone experienced this problem? I'd appreciate the help!

Thank you!

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Feb 15, 2016 6:49 PM

9 replies

Feb 16, 2016 4:13 PM in response to LACAllen

I've checked everything multiple times, it works fine on my phone and iPad. It was set up as a POP account, which my phone and iPad are using. I've deleted the account and tried IMAP, but still is not working. I spoke to GoDaddy last night and he said everything was set up correctly and to try deleting the account or even reinstall Apple Mail. I tried deleting the account, but I'm not up for deleting Apple Mail yet. Nervous about losing too much info.

Feb 16, 2016 7:16 PM in response to jak2014

Easy for them to say. There is no "reinstall Mail" You must reinstall OSX.

User uploaded file

Are you running mail set as POP on purpose? With multiple devices, using IMAP is a "better" solution. This syncs your deletions across all devices automatically.

To troubleshoot, add a test user to your Mac and add the mail account to your test user. A glitch in your account may explain what you're seeing.

I can send emails, but cannot receive emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.