Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Download Audio File From Google Drive to Play on iPhone's iTunes?

I want to share an audio file that is too big to email with a friend who only uses his iPhone and iTunes.

I create the file (one AAC file, not a folder, not a playlist, not a zip, ...) and upload it to my Google Drive then send him the link in an email.

How does he get that file to play on his iPhone's iTunes?

I'm confused because I'm not on the receiving end and because I always use my Mac as the hub through which I would coordinate stuff like this.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Posted on Feb 16, 2016 7:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2016 12:59 PM

To add media to his iPhone, you need to first import it into iTunes. Have your friend download the file from Google Drive onto his PC. In iTunes, choose File > Add to Library, locate a file or folder, and click Open. Then sync the phone to iTunes.

Import music and video already on your computer

6 replies

Feb 16, 2016 1:08 PM in response to ZikzakCorp

Thanks Zikzak,

That's exactly how I would do it too -- Google Drive to computer to iTunes to iPhone. But he doesn't use a computer for music at all.

Is there anyway to do this with just the iPhone? He can listen to a song I email him or to a podcast to which he subscribes so there are cases where he can get music to his iPhone without the computer. We're trying to figure out if there is a way for him to do the same with a file downloaded from Google Drive.

Feb 16, 2016 1:16 PM in response to jayessemm

You cannot add music/audio files to the iPhone's Music App directly. The only way to get them in there, is to sync them form a computer, or buy them from the iTunes store.

You will need a computer running iTunes from which to sync the audio file if you really need to get it into the Music App.

Other than that, you can download media player apps from the App Store that can store the file inside themselves.

Download Audio File From Google Drive to Play on iPhone's iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.