Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have finished a photo book but I can't preview and order it?

I have finished a photo book with aperture 3.6 but when I try to preview it, the application crashes and I have to force quit so I can't order and buy my book.

I have an IMac of late 2013 with a processor of 2'9GHz intel core i5 so I don't think this is the problem.

Anyone know what could be the problem and how to fix it??

Thank you

Aperture 3, Mac OS X (10.7.5), null

Posted on Feb 17, 2016 8:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2016 11:10 AM

I have finished a photo book with aperture 3.6 but when I try to preview it, the application crashes and I have to force quit so I can't order and buy my book.

Your book may contain a photo or a map that cannot be rendered. You will have to identify the problematic item and to remove it and replace it.

Does the crashlog list the the filename of the photo that is currently processed? Look at the error message, if you are seeing any clue to the problematic photo.

You can also try to identify the problematic item by duplicating the book.

Select the book in the Library Inspector, ctrl-click it, select "Duplicate Book".

Make two copies of the book. From the first copy delete half of the pages, from the second coy the other half of the pages.

Try to preview both copies of the book. If Aperture crashes for one of the copies, the problematic item is in this copy.

Continue by duplicating the copy of the book that keeps crashing and deleting pages, until you found the page that is causing the crash.

Then try to identify the photo or the map on the page that is causing the crash.

Wich version of Aperture are you using? If you are using a version Aperture 3.4.5 or earlier, maps will not work at all any longer.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 17, 2016 11:10 AM in response to duardu

Your book may contain a photo or a map that cannot be rendered. You will have to identify the problematic item and to remove it and replace it.

Does the crashlog list the the filename of the photo that is currently processed? Look at the error message, if you are seeing any clue to the problematic photo.

You can also try to identify the problematic item by duplicating the book.

Select the book in the Library Inspector, ctrl-click it, select "Duplicate Book".

Make two copies of the book. From the first copy delete half of the pages, from the second coy the other half of the pages.

Try to preview both copies of the book. If Aperture crashes for one of the copies, the problematic item is in this copy.

Continue by duplicating the copy of the book that keeps crashing and deleting pages, until you found the page that is causing the crash.

Then try to identify the photo or the map on the page that is causing the crash.

Wich version of Aperture are you using? If you are using a version Aperture 3.4.5 or earlier, maps will not work at all any longer.

Feb 17, 2016 11:19 AM in response to léonie

thank you for your answer, but I don't think this is the problem, I have tried to preview old books that I could order in the past and now I have the same problem, When I ask for the preview it seems that the computer does nothing and when I look the menu force quit Aperture appears "unresponsive"...

In the past it always worked well, so I don't know what could be the problem....

Feb 17, 2016 12:03 PM in response to duardu

So even your previous books no longer work?

Do you have enough free storage to render a book?

Try to narrow down the problem, if it is caused by your current Aperture library, by some preferences files or caches in your user account, or if it is system wide.

• To check, if it is your current Aperture library, try to preview a photo book in a new Aperture library created for testing.
  • To check, if the problem is system wide, launch Aperture from a different user account, for example the Guest user account: See: Isolating an issue by using another user account

I have finished a photo book but I can't preview and order it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.