Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID Security Questions Waiting period

so after 4 hours of research I have come out empty-handed... all I want to know is how long the lockout is on answering your security questions when in your apple ID account settings after you have entered them incorrectly too many times. Yes there is a button that says it will send a email to your recovery e-mail address but after clicking on it probably over 250 times across 4 different browsers and multiple log-outs/ins it seems to do absolutely nothing... All I want to do is change the recovery email address to something else so that i can change the apple ID to what my current recovery email address is.. which I cannot while its currently my recovery email address... and I'm pretty sure I know why it was not taking my answers to the security questions.. but now all i can seem to do, unless i want to call Apple Support *UGH* is to wait for the lockout period and allow it to show the security questions again...

TLDR: Can't change recovery email address because answered security questions incorrectly too many times... Need to know how long waiting period is before I can try again.

iPod nano (7th generation), Windows 8

Posted on Feb 17, 2016 3:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2016 12:25 AM

Does the screen not tell you how you've locked yourself out for ? People have posted about getting messages about being locked out for 8 hours.

To contact Support in the country where you are (and which is therefore the country on your account) to get the questions reset : Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 18, 2016 12:25 AM in response to ghfdghgfdhfghgfdhfgdhgfhgfdhgf

Does the screen not tell you how you've locked yourself out for ? People have posted about getting messages about being locked out for 8 hours.

To contact Support in the country where you are (and which is therefore the country on your account) to get the questions reset : Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security

Apple ID Security Questions Waiting period

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.