Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes last version present 5105 error

After update iTunes to last version i receive 5105 error when i gonna try to update my apps.

I lib's are in MacBook, but I have Dell 3460 running Windows 10 Pro.

I like to update both computers with my apps.

Posted on Feb 17, 2016 3:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2016 3:06 PM

Just to be clear the alerts are popping up in the Windows version of iTunes?

A few things to try:

• Delete the Downloads folder that you may see inside your iTunes Media folder.
  • Under Edit > Preferences > Advanced click Reset Cache.
  • Open Internet Explorer (both 32-bit and 64-bit versions in turn if you have them) and clear the cache there.

tt2

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 18, 2016 3:06 PM in response to renansmed

Just to be clear the alerts are popping up in the Windows version of iTunes?

A few things to try:

• Delete the Downloads folder that you may see inside your iTunes Media folder.
  • Under Edit > Preferences > Advanced click Reset Cache.
  • Open Internet Explorer (both 32-bit and 64-bit versions in turn if you have them) and clear the cache there.

tt2

Jun 15, 2016 3:21 AM in response to turingtest2

Hi turingtest2

I am pretty slow with most of this. For some reason, tonight everytime I try to purchase a song, I have to log into iTunes again, and then it requires my billing info be put in each time. Then after I go through all of that stuff and say 'buy this song', I get a note saying it could not be loaded, with Error Code 5105

So, I tried following the instructions you posted. I assumed you were talking about the iTunes Media folder that could be found in the library, my user folder on my C:) drive and under Network (again my user file) I selected the iTunes media folder from my C drive user folder, and deleted Downloads in the media folder. Then, I got lost with the :

Under Edit > Preferences > Advanced click Reset Cache.

I couldn't find the Edit/Pref/Advanced anywhere. Now, iTunes won't open at all. I am going to try turning my W-7 PC off, and hope it will heal itself. Would you have any other suggestions. Keeping in mind that yesterday it worked fine with the purchasing and downloading. Other than shutting the computer down, I only know to try removing iTunes and installing it again. 😕

Jun 15, 2016 6:30 AM in response to texaz56

If iTunes won't open at all, then try Fix unexpected quits or launch issues in iTunes for Windows - Apple Support first.

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach.

Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, need to revert to an older version or want to try the iTunes for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards) release as a workaround for installation or performance issues, or compatibility with third party software.

Your library and device backups should be unaffected by these steps but there are links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

Once you have iTunes reinstalled, and you've installed 12.4 or later, then you should have the menu bar across the top of the screen. Use Edit > Preferences from this menu to open the optional panel. and then click the Advanced tab to locate the Reset Cache button that I mentioned.

tt2

Jun 15, 2016 3:07 PM in response to turingtest2

Hello tt2

I wanted to let you know, that I did turn off the computer last night. When I logged back in today, I was able to open iTunes again. So that is no longer a problem. I was just writing a description to start a new discussion, (I couldn't find a place in your last message to reply, hence the new discussion) but I rechecked your answer again and saw I could reply, so I thought it would be more efficient and not as rude if I brought the problem back to you. So, here is what I had written :

I am using a desktop PC that was recently (> 30 days ago) completely checked out and the Windows-10 upgrade that was causing so many problems was removed and Windows-7 installed again. I have double checked that I have the latest version of iTunes installed. One thing that is different since I had W-7 installed again, is that everytime I go to open iTunes, I get a popup asking if I want to let Apple make changes to my PC. Other than being a minor irritation, I have not had a problem with it. The problem I am seeing now, is everytime I try to buy a song from the store, I get an error message that says "Your request cannot be processed. Error code: 5105". This just started in the past 24 hours. I have ensured my credit card information is correct and updated. I rechecked my whole account, and found no errors.

The other things I have done recently, but several days before I started getting this error code is a) shared music between my iTunes library and my Amazon library, b) shared a playlist with my Windows Media Player, and c) installed the trial version of Nero Platinum 2016 before I purchase it, and the Nero Media Home automatically collects information from all files I allowed, which was all photo files and all music files. Those are all of the outside sources I can think of that may possibly influence my iTunes account. Although I have no idea why any of these things would prevent me buying songs from iTunes.

I wanted to apologize for the tone of my question to you last night. It was certainly not your fault I jumped into a problem "fix" I just assumed would work for me. So now, I am asking for help with my error code 5105. I need to know if I Should start a completely new discussion after all. Or if you would like to pursue this under the current thread.

I do thank you for your support, and again apologize for my rude tone earlier. I will await your response before I submit a new discussion.

Barbara M. âž•(I'm sorry. I probably should have mentioned that when this problem came up, I was already frustrated trying to burn some of the music to a CD-R for my own use, and have had nothing but problems doing that.)

Jun 15, 2016 3:42 PM in response to texaz56

Hi,

It is possible the problems stem from rolling forward to Windows 10 and back again, although wouldn't be the case if it was a clean install. Try holding down ctrl+shift as you launch iTunes and then click Continue in the pop-up that opens. This may sometimes clear certain startup issues with iTunes. You can also try closing iTunes then right-click its icon in the start menu and try Run as administrator. Doing this once may help if there is a permissions issue with one of the configuration files.

Next I would try the original advice I gave in this thread with regard to the download folder and cache.

Lastly, for now, try Repair security permissions for iTunes for Windows.

If none of that helps I'd go for a full tear down and rebuild as outlined in the troubleshooting tip.

tt2

Jun 16, 2016 7:56 PM in response to turingtest2

Next I would try the original advice I gave in this thread with regard to the download folder and cache.

Thanks for the reply tt2. But, TBH, I am afraid to follow the original advice. Mostly because I did get lost in there, and now iTunes is worse than ever. It says it can't find the original songs. And asks if I want to locate them. I was saying Yes, but it kept taking me to files that had nothing to do with iTunes. I somehow got the direction of the iTunes search to the C:) C:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes. But, nothing happens from there. So, where I am now: iTunes does not recognize any of the three or four songs I purchased from my iPhone. All of the music I already had shows no album cover art, and there are just big question marks where the album should be. And when you switch from the album view, to song view, most of the songs have an exclamation mark next to them, (even the songs I purchased over a month ago) and when you click on it to open, it just says "the .......original song cannot be found. Would you like to locate it?" Right now, if I say yes, this is where it takes me>>>>> C:\Users\Barbara\Downloads where there is nothing associated with iTunes found in that file.

Basically, it's a mess. I keep a computer tech assistance group on retainer. I suppose I will call them and see if they can figure it out. I think I am my worst enemy sometimes.

Jun 17, 2016 3:47 AM in response to texaz56

The "missing file" error happens if the file is no longer where iTunes expects to find it. Possible causes are that you or some third party tool has moved, renamed or deleted the file, one of its parent folders, or the drive it lives on has had a change of drive letter, or you've moved a non-portable library to a different path (see Make a split library portable for details). It is also possible that iTunes has changed from expecting the files to be in the pre-iTunes 9 layout to post-iTunes 9 layout, or vice-versa, and so is looking in slightly the wrong place.

Select a track with an exclamation mark, use Ctrl-I to Get Info, then click No when asked to try to locate the track. Look on the file tab for the location that iTunes thinks the file should be. Now take a look around your hard drive(s). Hopefully you can locate the track in question. If a section of your library has simply been moved, a folder renamed, or a drive letter has changed, it should be possible to reverse the actions. If the difference between the two paths is an additional Music folder in one path then this is a layout issue. I can explain further if that is the case. If everything is where it is supposed to be try Repair security permissions for iTunes for Windows.

In some cases iTunes may be able to repair itself if you go through the same steps with Get Info, or when playing a track, but this time click Locate and browse to the lost track. It may then offer to attempt to automatically fix other broken links. Although it says something like "use the same location" I think it expects to find the tracks in the same artist & album layout they were in previously, with one systematic change to the path.

If another application like Windows Media Player has moved/renamed the files, or the library has been moved from OS X to Windows, then the chances are that subtle differences in naming strategies will make it hard to restore the media to the precise path that iTunes is expecting. In such cases, as long as the missing files can be found somewhere, you should be able to use my FindTracks script to reconnect them to iTunes. See this post for an explanation of how it works.

If you want me to try to provide specific advice please post back the following details:

1. The location of the media folder under Edit > Preferences > Advanced
  2. The location of a sample missing track shown under Get Info > File > Location that begins file://localhost/
  3. The true path to the file whose details you gave in 2

tt2

Itunes last version present 5105 error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.