Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My photos won't load, a small cloud icon appears instead

About 2 weeks ago, I deactivated the iCloud Photo Library because some of my photos weren't therem and activated it immediately after. All my photos were uploeaded to iCloud, but since then in my photo library about 300 photos and videos have disappeared (it's blank) and a small cloud icon appears in the thumbnail. Whenever I try to see the photos, a small icon seems to be loading, but it stops. What can I do?

iPhone 5c, iOS 9.2

Posted on Feb 17, 2016 7:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2016 9:21 AM

I've just checked iCloud again, and 3-months worth of photos aren't there, but they're in my iPhone. If I delete the photos and download them from iCloud, will I lose them?

16 replies

Feb 19, 2016 3:02 AM in response to TheLuckyOne1322

Please can we take a step back and tell us your “iCloud Photo Library” and “My Photo Stream” settings on all of your devices. (Settings > Photos & Camera on your iOS device and Photos > Preferences > iCloud on your Mac)

Please also advise if there is any ongoing sync activity on any of your devices (Activity includes uploading, updating, downloading or preparing).

Feb 19, 2016 5:51 PM in response to Winston Churchill

Earlier today I went to a local Apple retailer, and the Technical Support told me that I'd have to reset my phone and then restore the photos from iCloud. I downloaded the photos that weren't in iCloud to my laptop. Even though I don't know if I'll be able to keep storing my photos in iCloud due to the storage size, (I don't have a credit card so I can't purchase extra space), I could resolve my problem, and I thank you for your help 🙂

My photos won't load, a small cloud icon appears instead

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.