Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Alphabetizing Folders

How can I alphabetize my folders in my library? I tried dragging and dropping, but most folders refuse to go where I want them to go, and I don't see any commands that would allow me to sort the folders. These are strictly family photos. But they just refuse to be alphabetized. Thanks!

Posted on Feb 17, 2016 10:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2016 7:17 AM

Which version of Aperture do you have? In the newer versions of Aperture 3, (3.3. or later) you can sort your albums and projects using the Actions menu at the top of the Info panel - click the gears icon and select "Keep projects and albums arranged by ....".

Every project in your library can also by sorted like this by ctrl-clicking the project and using the contextual menu.

User uploaded file

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 20, 2016 7:17 AM in response to Marilyn Krzus

Which version of Aperture do you have? In the newer versions of Aperture 3, (3.3. or later) you can sort your albums and projects using the Actions menu at the top of the Info panel - click the gears icon and select "Keep projects and albums arranged by ....".

Every project in your library can also by sorted like this by ctrl-clicking the project and using the contextual menu.

User uploaded file

Feb 20, 2016 7:19 AM in response to léonie

Thank you so very much! Aperture is, IMHO, rather complicated for someone who merely wants to organize her personal photos. I know there is much more it can do than what I've been doing with it, and complicated systems generally leave us non-techie users behind in the dust. But, yes, thank you, the gear icon was all I needed. I'm not sure why I never noticed it before. This is just wonderful! I couldn't seem to get the folders where I wanted them manually. I just can't thank you enough! Marilyn

Feb 20, 2016 8:40 AM in response to Marilyn Krzus

You're welcome, Marilyn 🙂

If you think, Aperture is too powerful for your needs, and you want something simpler, have a look at the new Photos.app, that comes with MacOS X 10.10.3 or later for free: Photos Help

Aperture is much more powerful, but you can easily do the basic things in Photos, creating albums, adding titles, straighten the horizon, cropping, ....

Alphabetizing Folders

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.