Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth Headphones quit pairing

I have a refurbished (purchased from Apple) 4th generation iPod touch, and around Christmas I purchased the Amazon Basics Bluetooth headphones. They worked fine until about a week ago, when they stopped pairing with my iPod. The device shows up on the Bluetooth screen in the settings, but when i touch it to connect it says it cannot connect and to make sure it's turned on and in range, it is both. I tested the headphones with my phone and I was able to pair and connect, so I'm thinking the issue is with the iPod. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

iPod touch

Posted on Feb 18, 2016 11:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2016 5:39 PM

- Un-pair/forget the headphones on the phone

- Reset the headphones

- Reset the headpohones

.- Reset network settings: Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings

- iOS: Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network

- iOS: Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: How to back up

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 18, 2016 5:39 PM in response to jpwesson

- Un-pair/forget the headphones on the phone

- Reset the headphones

- Reset the headpohones

.- Reset network settings: Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings

- iOS: Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network

- iOS: Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: How to back up

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

Feb 18, 2016 5:39 PM in response to lllaass

Thanks lllaass, looks like i had unpaired the headphones previously, when you say reset headphones, do you mean power down? I may have to consult the manual, if not, as I'm not sure how to reset them. I've tried randomly holding the buttons for an extended period of time, but that's not very scientific :-). I also tried the Reset Network Settings and Restore to factory settings, all to no avail. Appreciate your help, just want to make sure I did everything correctly, and make sure you didn't have any other tricks to try.

Nov 3, 2016 2:31 AM in response to jpwesson

I never experieneced that. I am using J and L Real 103s now they call these headphones Jet. They works great with my iPod Touch and iPhone 6s. If you're looking for best Bluetooth headphones under 50 bucks, go for J and L Real 103s. I got a pair at a discount price when I see the review about it on CNET. check it out on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/L-103-Bluetooth-Earphones-headphones-Sweatproof/dp/B01KT9 M7R0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1478165090&sr=8-2&keywords=J+and+L+Real

only 35 bucks now

Bluetooth Headphones quit pairing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.